Walking and working together, seeking to accompany our companions. Accompaniment is defined as walking together in a solidarity that practices interdependence and mutuality. The ELCA lives out accompaniment in relationships with global companions, striving to share God’s love and participate in God’s mission together:
- Mutually: All of us have gifts to support God’s mission. There is no mission to, only mission with and among.
- Inclusively: We seek to build relationships across boundaries that exclude and divide.
- Vulnerably: Just as Jesus became vulnerable to us, we open ourselves to others.
- Empowering: We seek to identify and correct imbalances of power, which may mean recognizing and letting go of our own.
- Sustainably: To ensure local ministries last for a long time, we seek to embed mission in ongoing relationships and communities.
ELCA Global Mission supports:
- Young Adults in Global Mission
- Companion Synods - Go to our Team Russia
- International Leaders
Relief and development work is pursued and accomplished through a variety of bold, active ministries and initiatives: