Join the Synod Hunger Team!
The team walks alongside congregations to:
- learn about hunger on the local and global level
- inspire and work cooperatively in supporting hunger ministries locally on our synod territory
- combat hunger globally by supporting our ELCA World Hunger Program
Please join us at 7pm on the second Tuesday of each month.
Reach out Committee Co-Chairs Carol & Bob Wall
with questions and/or for the Zoom meeting link.
ANNOUNCEMENT: ELCA World Hunger DOMESTIC HUNGER GRANTS
ELCA World Hunger
- Are you part of a ministry (or know of one) that draws on the strengths of its community to break the cycle of hunger and poverty for good? Apply for a Domestic Hunger Grant!
- Registration open NOW through May 5, 2021
- Application: April 19, 2021–May 21, 2021
- Learn more and apply here: www.elca.org/domestichungergrants
As members of the ELCA, we are called to respond. We are a church that rolls up our sleeves and gets to work. Working with and through our congregations in the United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands Lutheran churches overseas and other partners, ELCA World Hunger is uniquely positioned to reach communities in need. From health clinics to microloans, water wells to animal husbandry, community meals to advocacy, your gifts to ELCA World Hunger make it possible for the ELCA to respond, supporting sustainable solutions that get at the root causes of hunger and poverty. FInd some of their excellent resources below and learn more about ELCA World Hunger HERE.