Join the Synod Hunger Team!
The team walks alongside congregations to:
- learn about hunger on the local and global level
- inspire and work cooperatively in supporting hunger ministries locally on our synod territory
- combat hunger globally by supporting our ELCA World Hunger Program
Please join us on the fourth Thursday of each month from 5:00pm
Join their meetings here via this Zoom meeting link
Join the NWWA Synod Hunger Team Facebook Group HERE
FAITH FAMILY PALLET VILLAGE UPDATE
Check out the latest update regarding this project at Faith Lutheran in Everett in this video
SEED TIME and HARVEST: Noisy Offering Initiative
The NW WA Synod Hunger Team created a Noisy Offering initiative for any Sunday of your choosing! YOU are invited to help the NW WA Synod Hunger Team gather funds to sponsor future grants, which will be distributed to local ELCA faith communities in support of their work to creatively address hunger and food insecurity.
2022 Synod Hunger Grant Recipients Announced at the Synod Assembly:
- Find the Resource Packet HERE
- Watch the Promo Video HERE
- and another promo video HERE
- Christ the Servant in Bellingham, providing meals to a tiny house village
- Pointe of Grace in Mukilteo, for their community garden
- Lutheran Campus Ministry at UW, providing for their student food pantry
- The orchard gardens at Holy Cross in Bellevue, providing for the food bank
- The REACH Community meal at Luther’s Table in Renton
The Hunger Team Survey
The Hunger Team invited congregations to share about their hunger ministries. Find the results HERE.
ELCA World Hunger
As members of the ELCA, we are called to respond. We are a church that rolls up our sleeves and gets to work. Working with and through our congregations in the United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands Lutheran churches overseas and other partners, ELCA World Hunger is uniquely positioned to reach communities in need. From health clinics to microloans, water wells to animal husbandry, community meals to advocacy, your gifts to ELCA World Hunger make it possible for the ELCA to respond, supporting sustainable solutions that get at the root causes of hunger and poverty. Find some of their excellent resources below and learn more about ELCA World Hunger HERE.