Lifting prayers for these ministries in transition
We lift up the leaders who are guiding ministries through this time of transition: transition teams, call committees, transition pastors, congregation staff and lay leaders, and synod staff. Questions about these vacancies? Contact Assistant to the Bishop, Pastor Andy Yee.
- Bethany of the NW / Everett + Chaplain (part-time)
- Hearthstone at Greenlake / Seattle + Chaplain
- Salem/Mount Vernon + Pastor (Transition Minister TBA)
TRANSITION PROCESS UNDERWAY
- Burlington/Burlington + Pastor (Sister Liz Colver, Transition Minister)
- Celebration/Anacortes + Pastor (Deb Butler, Transition Pastor)
- Holy Trinity/Mercer Island + Pastor (Sue Wanwig, Pastor & Tim Wolbrecht, Transition Pastor)
- Luther Memorial/Seattle + Pastor (Paul Hoffman, Transition Pastor)
- Our Savior/Issaquah AND Shepherd of the Hills/Sammamish + Pastor (John Vaswig, Transition Pastor)
PROFILE COMPLETE (receiving nominations – find nomination form HERE)
- Anacortes/Anacortes + Pastor
- Central/Seattle + Pastor
- Hope/Lynden + Pastor
- Our Saviour’s/Arlington + Pastor
INTERVIEWING & CALLING
- Christ the King, Snohomish + Pastor
- Holy Spirit, Kirkland + Associate Pastor
- Patrick Meagher, Word and Service Candidate, has been called to serve as Minister of Outreach at Phinney Ridge Lutheran Church. His ordination service will be August 10 @ 7pm at Phinney Ridge.
- Heidi Fish has been serving as pastor of Bethesda, Mountlake Terrace; her installation is set for September 25 @ 1pm with a community party to follow.
- Pastors Nyla & David Schoeld began serving at Sammamish Hills/Sammamish in January; installation date August 29 at 10am. Welcome (back) to the synod, Schoelds!
- Kristi Lambing has been called to serve at Fir-Conway/Mount Vernon as pastor. Ordination: Pointe of Grace, September 11 @ 1pm. Installation: Fir Conway, October 10 at 2pm.
- Pastor Eileen Burdick has been called to serve as the Dir. of Spiritual Care at Josephine Caring Community - more info coming soon!
- Jenna Bergeson, has been called to serve at Trinity/Lynnwood as Associate Pastor. Ordination and installation details coming soon.
DID YOU HEAR?
- When appropriate, we will post past ordination & installation events and resignations & retirements here for a bit so you can catch up on the latest news.
- We lift up Pr. Laura Harris-Ferree and Luther Memorial Lutheran Church (Seattle) as they share their final service together on Sunday, July 25. Pr. Laura has accepted a call to serve at Grace Lutheran Church in Evanston, IL. We give thanks for the gifts that Pr. Laura has shared with Luther Memorial and with our synod. Blessings to Pr. Laura and wife Kate as they head east ... and to Luther Memorial as they continue in this time of transition with Pr. Paul Hoffman.
- We give thanks the ministry partnership between Pr. Erik Samuleson and Freeborn Lutheran Church (Stanwood). We ask God's blessings as he concludes his contract there on July 31st. Pr. Erik is finishing up his certification as a Professional Certified Coach through the International Coaching Federation, and will continue his ministry contract work with Faith in North Lakewood, his coaching and consulting work with Vibrant Faith, and is open for additional coaching clients (individuals and congregations). We hold him and the members of the Freeborn community in prayer during this transition.
- We give thanks for time shared with Pr. Arhiana Shek Dill and ask God's blessings as she concludes her time as the mission developer at Fe y Esperanza (Faith & Hope) in Everett on July 10. Pr. Arhiana and her family will be moving to Phoenix as her spouse, Nathan has accepted a new position there. We hold them and the members of the Fe y Esperanza community in prayer during this transition.
Last updated: 7/28/21