Thanks to the vision and desire for continued ministry, Grace Lutheran Church (Bellevue), gave the synod council a percentage of their proceeds when they closed their ministry in 2019. The synod council, in turn, is investing this money in congregations and ministry sites who are doing faithful innovation via Grace Grants. We anticipate continuing these grants if individuals or congregations make funds available to us.
For each of the three years (2020-2022), $100,000 will be made available for congregations and ministry sites to apply for Grace Grants. Congregations and ministry sites are welcome to apply for grants ranging from $2,000 to $20,000 for a specific ministry project. Grants are potentially renewable.
Year 3 Focus Areas:
Ideally, your grant proposal will show your aspirations for ministry in support of one or more of these four focus areas:
- Equity and Justice for Marginalized Communities
- Community and Inclusion
- Youth & Young Adult
- COVID Ministry Innovation
- What have we learned during COVID?
- How do we go forward to “new and improved?”
Between July 1, 2022 and March 31, 2023- Grant monies will be used by those selected .
- March 5, 2022 - Grant Application Period open, find form on synod website
- May 1, 2022 - Applications due. No late applications will be accepted
- May 2022 - Grant committee review will take place
- June 4, 2022 - Notification of grants awarded at Synod Assembly
- July 1, 2022 - Grants to be funded
By May 1, 2023- Each grant recipient will submit a report to the synod council sharing the results of the ministry project facilitated through the grant.
Grants are potentially renewable based on additional funding.