NO ASSEMBLY in 2023!
SAVE THE DATES for our Synod Gatherings
Join us for worship, fellowship, and forums to inspire, educate, and equip members of the NW WA Synod! We hope to have the same forums offered at each location! Cost will be $40/person. We are currently finalizing plans with our forum facilitators. We will share all the details including theme name, logo, topics, presenters, schedule, and how to register VERY SOON! For now, save these dates:
TWO dates/locations to choose from:
- May 13 at Salem Lutheran Church in Mount Vernon
- May 20 at Saint Andrew's Lutheran Church in Bellevue
FIND GATHERING INFO HERE
The 2022 Synod Assembly was held Saturday, June 4 at Trinity Lutheran Church, Lynnwood
- We gathered under the theme: Abound in Hope
- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Rom 15:13)
- The day included worship, reports from synod and churchwide leaders, elections, resolutions, and ministry anniversary celebrations.
THANK YOU to:
- All the volunteers & leaders who worked to make this assembly beautiful, joy-filled, and smooth!
- All attendees - thank you for sharing your time, energy, and passion for Christ's church.
- Want to re-live it? You may watch the recording of the livestream HERE.
AGENDA & RULES to guide our time together
- Resolutions (and memorials) are one way to enable this church to address broad policy issues or issues important to God’s mission. We received three resolutions for the assembly to consider:
- Resolution A - Reparations & Land Return - final version with minor editorial changes - PASSED
- Resolution B - Call for review of granting disability status to person experiencing Mental Illness - PASSED
- Resolution C- Audit of Constitutions, Bylaws, and Continuing Resolutions of The ELCA - PASSED as AMENDED in third resolve.
- Also lifted up during the resolutions time: in 1994 the ELCA adopted the social message Community Violence, calling for advocacy to end the cycle of violence in the U.S. Twenty-eight years later, this message is still relevant and is a resource for our journey. Find more information and resources HERE.
NOMINATIONS & ELECTIONS
- THANK YOU to all who allowed their names to go forward for these roles.
- Congratulations to these persons, elected at the 2022 Synod Assembly:
- Synod Vice President - Kay Edgerton (2nd four-year term)
- Synod Secretary - Rev. Netsie Griffith (four-year term)
- Council – Lay Man, POC - Salvador Cossio (three-year term)
- Council – Rostered Minister - Rev. Hector Garfias-Toledo (2nd three-year term)
- Council – Lay Woman - Cindy Shultz (three-year term)
- Council – Lay Man - Shane Lambing (three-year term)
- Find all Nominee Bios HERE
Synod and Churchwide Reports
During our Assembly Worship, we will be gathering an offering for these two designations:
- Lutheran Community Services Northwest (to support refugees) 80%
- Bishop's Caring Fund (supports rostered ministers with financial assistance for scholarships, counseling, etc.) 20%
- We will have a tally posted soon...
- You may still give online here.
Stories of Hope
Synod Committee & Extended Ministry Partner Reports (NOTE: videos will be posted following the assembly) Additional Information-Only Items - we will NOT be using these during the assembly business.
Our Assembly Logo
Learn more about our logo artist, Bobbi Jo Cyr, HERE
+ + + + + + + + + + + + +