THANK YOU to all who attended our 2021 Synod Assembly on Saturday, May 15!
The Synod Council brought forward constitutional and bylaw changes for consideration. Additionally, we considered recommended amendments forwarded from the 2019 ELCA Churchwide Assembly.
- Adopted the Proposed Changes from Synod Council HERE (w/ one change - Nominating Committee shall have 5 members)
- Adopted the Recommended Changes from the 2019 Churchwide Assembly HERE
- Current Synod Constitution HERE (includes the required changes from the 2019 Churchwide Assembly)
- Adopted the Proposed 2022-23 Budget HERE
- Budget Orientation Meeting Slides HERE
Thank you to those who allowed their names to go forward as nominees for synod council, consultation committee, committee on discipline, and voting members to the 2022 Churchwide Assembly!
- Find the list of those elected to serve HERE
- No resolutions were submitted
- Synod Bishop - HERE
- Synod Vice President - HERE
- Synod Secretary - HERE
- Synod Treasurer - HERE; Attachment A & B HERE
- ELCA Presiding Bishop Letter to the Assembly- HERE
- This year the offerings gathered at the assembly will be split between the NW Washington Synod COVID-19 Relief Fund and Lutheran Disaster Response. Watch a video about our assembly offering designees featuring Bishop Shelley Bryan Wee HERE
- Learn how to give here: lutheransnw.org/give
Welcome our Churchwide Representative the Rev. Christopher Otten!
- We look forward to hearing the report from our churchwide partners
- Read Chaplain Otten's bio HERE
Assembly Planning Team
- Many thanks to this creative, adaptive & nimble crew!
- Find the list of team members HERE