Pastoral Guidance from Bishop Shelley Bryan Wee:
- As we begin to re-open church buildings, please plan carefully, thoughtfully, and faithfully. Discover how to be Church Together in this time—as a congregation and in your community.
- 7/30/21 Note from Bishop: I write to you today as we continue to love God and our neighbors ... and navigate the complexities of COVID-19. As we continue to love God and our neighbors ... and navigate the complexities of COVID-19. In light of the new Delta Variant, I strongly encourage everyone, vaccinated and unvaccinated, to wear masks during indoor worship services and gatherings. As we encounter this more transmissible variant, please consult the County, State, and CDC guidelines while you review your congregation's COVID-19 guidelines.
- Please read the bishop’s 6/10/21 Pastoral Letter in Re-opening our Church Buildings.
- Let your context guide you to right decisions for you and your community.
- Continue to follow County, State, and CDC guidelines-- in that order.
- State and County recommendations continue to change to respond to many moving parts:
- Consult updated regulations regularly (i.e. King County Health COVID-19 Information and Resources).
- Consult updated FBO regulations regualarly as well: FAQ for Faith Based Organizations.
- For most in our area, even though vaccinated individuals are no longer required to wear masks indoors, the recommendation is that everyone wear masks indoors regardless of vaccination status.
- Ministries may keep their own specific and increased restrictions for the loving care of community who are still unvaccinated, unprotected, and at risk.
- Latest Community Partners Video (September 15, 2021)
- See our top reopening links:
- Regathering Conversations Comics offers good narratives in respect of others.
- Indoor Mask Directive for Businesses and Organizations
- Concerns still not be addressed? Contact Pr. Andy Yee, Assistant to the Bishop (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Synod COVID Relief Fund