Pastoral Guidance from Bishop Shelley Bryan Wee:
- As we begin to re-open church buildings, please plan carefully, thoughtfully, and faithfully. Discover how to be Church Together in this time—as a congregation and in your community.
- Please read the bishop’s full Pastoral Letter in Re-opening our Church Buildings.
- Let your context guide you to right decisions for you and your community.
- Continue to follow County, State, and CDC guidelines-- in that order.
- State “reopening” June 30 main talking points (as of 6.30.2021) and until county/state websites are updated:
- All restrictions are generally lifted except that unvaccinated persons are still required to wear a mask.
- Ministries may keep their own specific restrictions for the loving sake of community-- some in our communities are still unvaccinated, unprotected, and at risk.
- Faith Based Organizations (FBO's) are allowed to use the honor system to check masking requirements-- although you are welcomed to do more (and some congregations are choosing to do that).
- All singing restrictions are lifted-- except for mask requirements for unvaccinated persons.
- Contact tracing logs are not required-- but still helpful to have and will be used if available.
- See our top reopening links:
- Regathering Conversations Comics offers good narratives in respect of others.
- Mask & Distancing Requirements are Changing
- Indoor Mask Directive for Businesses and Organizations
- Concerns still not be addressed? Contact Pr. Andy Yee, Assistant to the Bishop (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Synod COVID Relief Fund