Pastoral Guidance from Bishop Shelley Bryan Wee:
- As we begin to re-open church buildings, please plan carefully, thoughtfully, and faithfully. Discover how to be Church Together in this time—as a congregation and in your community.
- 7/30/21 Note from Bishop: I write to you today as we continue to love God and our neighbors ... and navigate the complexities of COVID-19. As we continue to love God and our neighbors ... and navigate the complexities of COVID-19. In light of the new Delta Variant, I strongly encourage everyone, vaccinated and unvaccinated, to wear masks during indoor worship services and gatherings. As we encounter this more transmissible variant, please consult the County, State, and CDC guidelines while you review your congregation's COVID-19 guidelines.
- Please read the bishop’s 6/10/21 Pastoral Letter in Re-opening our Church Buildings.
- Let your context guide you to right decisions for you and your community.
- Continue to follow County, State, and CDC guidelines-- in that order.
- State and County recommendations continue to change to respond to many moving parts:
- Consult updated regulations regularly (i.e. King County Health COVID-19 Information and Resources).
- Consult updated FBO regulations regualarly as well: FAQ for Faith Based Organizations.
- For most in our area, even though congregations are exempt from mask requirements, the recommendation is that everyone wear masks indoors regardless of vaccination status-- and even if physically distanced.
- Ministries may keep their own specific and increased restrictions for the loving care of community who are still unvaccinated, unprotected, and at risk.
- Religious Exemptions. There is no evident basis, in ELCA teaching, for religious exemption from the vaccines. On the contrary both the Lutheran heritage and ELCA social teaching documents, urge participation in public health efforts because health is a shared endeavor. Link to statement from our Presiding Bishop.
- Latest Faith Based Org Meeting Video (October 13, 2021; pw: kw0L.O^F)-- occurs every 2-weeks
- See our top reopening links:
- Regathering Conversations Comics offers good narratives in respect of others.
- Indoor Mask Directive for Businesses and Organizations
“Thriving Beyond COVID” is a free Scripture-based resource from an ELCA pastor to encourage, inspire and challenge congregations to get in the right frame of mind to embrace their opportunities, face their challenges, and thrive once the "post-COVID" journey begins. This customizable small and large group study is available for free download and includes Leader & Participant Guides, Videos, PowerPoints, and Worship Resources. Learn more here: www.ThrivingBeyondCovid.org
Concerns still not be addressed? Contact Pr. Andy Yee, Assistant to the Bishop (email@example.com).
Synod COVID Relief Fund